2020 DRU Network Higher Education Incident Management Teams Workshop
University of Oregon
- Learning from campuses that have been at the forefront of IMT development and learn how they are structured, maintained and supported.
- Learning practical and hands-on approaches to building an IMT on campus and community.
- Sharing real-world examples and promising practices from current IMTs and campuses that used a team to manage fast-moving and complex events and incidents. Including large sporting events, meningitis outbreaks, business disruption, mass casualty events, etc.
- Sharing mutual aid resources available and how to access them (e.g., National Intercollegiate Mutual Aid Agreement – NIMAA)
- Networking with other professionals from around the country that are working to advance emergency preparedness, crisis and risk management, and resilience on their campuses.
Travel and Lodging
- Eugene airport has direct flights from: SFO, Seattle, SLC, Phoenix, and Denver.
- Portland Airport is about 120 miles from Eugene and is a 2-3 hour drive (depending on traffic).
- Hotels within walking distance from campus:
- Holiday Inn Express https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/eugene/eugor/hotelde…;- (16 minute walk, 0.8 mile)
- Phoenix Inn https://www.phoenixinn.com/eugene - (11 minute walk, 0.5 mile)
- Best Western New Oregon https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotelsin-eugene/best-western-new…;- (10 minute walk, 0.5 mile)
- Best Western Green Tree https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotelsin-eugene/best-western-gre…;- (13 minute walk, 0.5 mile)
- Both Uber and Lyft operate in Eugene.
Agenda:Erb Memorial Union – Redwood Amphitheater – Room 214 1395 University St, Eugene, OR 97403 Link to map location: https://map.uoregon.edu/5ffa7f294
Tuesday, February 25th
7:30 am Registration and Breakfast
9:00 am Opening Remarks
4:45 pm Closing Remarks
Wednesday, February 26th
7:30 am Breakfast available
9:00 am Opening session
11:45 am Summit wrap up, boxed lunch and networking
There is a small lot near the EMU that is metered, but can fill quickly. Some visitor parking (in yellow) can also be found throughout campus. Please do not park in spaces that have reserved signs or service vehicle signs in front of them, in addition to marked faculty/staff parking lots.
Additional nearby parking options include:
2 hour spots along 18th Avenue and into the surrounding neighborhoods.
2 hours spots on Moss Street, between TrackTown Pizza and the Best Western. (Franklin Blvd – N side)
Pay to park in the Matthew Knight Arena parking garage located on 13th Ave between Franklin Blvd and Agate Street.